Meet Our Providers
Dr. Khaled Rabadi has a medical degree from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Jordan. He completed his fellowship in Nephrology at the University of Minnesota. He is certified by the American Society of Hypertension and the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM).
Dr. Rabadi provides service to patients with chronic kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes, kidney disorders, kidney transplants, end stage renal disease, and adult medicine. He is the only Hypertension Specialist in Grand Forks and the upper Red River Valley.
• Board Certified Nephrologist
• Board Certified Hypertension Specialist
• First Independent Nephrologist in North Dakota
• Founder of The Kidney and Hypertension Center
• Founder and Medical Director of the Kidney Institute of North Dakota
• Founder and Medical Director of Aurora Dialysis
• Founder and Medical Director of the Mazen–LeeLee Diabetes Center
• Clinic practice in Grand Forks, ND
• Clinic practice in Fargo, ND
** Appointments for Fargo can be made at 701-775-5800
Dr. Byron Velander is an internal medicine doctor who primarily focuses on treating adult patients in the hospital. He has provided care to all ages: pediatrics to geriatrics. He has a medical degree from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
Elizabeth Hodny, DNP (Doctor of Nurse Practitioner), FNP-C, received her doctorate degree from North Dakota State University. She previously worked as a registered nurse since 2009. She has provided care to all ages: pediatrics to geriatrics. She has experience in the fields of general medicine, family practice, dialysis, kidney disease, and oncology.
Kelly Pratt, DNP (Doctor of Nurse Practitioner), FNP-BC received her doctorate degree from Southern Adventist University in Tennessee. She has certifications as a Family Nurse Practitioner, a Certified Diabetes Educator, and a Certified Nurse Educator. She has been working in the nursing field since 2002. She has experience working in the fields of family practice, cardiac care, diabetes management, and nursing education. Kelly and her family have participated in long-term mission projects in South Sudan, South Korea, and Rwanda.
Julie McGauvran, MS, RN is the office manager for The Kidney and Hypertension Center.
• Co-founder and manager of Kidney Institute of North Dakota
• Co-founder and manager of Aurora Dialysis
• Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of North Dakota College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines
• Over 30 years of dialysis experience
Kelly Stauss Carlson, FNP-C has provided dermatology and aesthetic services for more than 16 years.
• Born and raised in Greater Grand Forks
• Over 16 years in Botox and dermal fillers
• Acne, rosacea, warts, moles, cysts, skin cancer, keloid scars, eczema, scabies, psoriasis, and rashes
• All age groups
Ann Mason, FNP-C specializes in Internal Medicine and Primary Care. She established her practice in the Greater Grand Forks Area and specializes in serving patients with Type I diabetes and Type II diabetes, including insulin pumps. "My role as a Nurse Practitioner is to guide and motivate patients to take control of their own health. I strive to make prevention, wellness, and patient education a priority."